Thursday, February 2, 2017
1. You carry your passport in your purse and have been known to go to the airport with no luggage for a weekend trip.
2. The terms: pushing, slam-clicker, CAT-2 approach, The Majors are meaningful to you
3. You can handle most home emergencies on your own. But not ALL emergencies.
4. Vacations will nearly always include a visit to the local air museum.
5. You understand that flirting with the gate agent is not only ok, it may be what gets him a seat on the plane that will bring him home to you.
6. Airport appreciation time is a thing. Read about my airport loitering PR here
7. Travel plans always include a Plan B. When we originally planned a trip to Belize we ended up in Puerto Rico instead. Read about another Pass-travel Fail here
8. Most years, you attend the office Christmas party alone.
9. Close to half of your relationship is conducted via text, phone or skype. Oh boy! I have not always been as OK with that as I am today. But, we DO get creative. And we've learned to put technology to good use.
10. You've learned to walk that fine line between making Home a comforting place to land at the end of a trip and keeping his adventure-loving spirit stimulated.