Thursday, February 2, 2017
10 Signs You Are Married to an Airline Pilot
1. You carry your passport in your purse and have been known to go to the airport with no luggage for a weekend trip.
2. The terms: pushing, slam-clicker, CAT-2 approach, The Majors are meaningful to you
3. You can handle most home emergencies on your own. But not ALL emergencies.
4. Vacations will nearly always include a visit to the local air museum.
5. You understand that flirting with the gate agent is not only ok, it may be what gets him a seat on the plane that will bring him home to you.
6. Airport appreciation time is a thing. Read about my airport loitering PR here
7. Travel plans always include a Plan B. When we originally planned a trip to Belize we ended up in Puerto Rico instead. Read about another Pass-travel Fail here
8. Most years, you attend the office Christmas party alone.
9. Close to half of your relationship is conducted via text, phone or skype. Oh boy! I have not always been as OK with that as I am today. But, we DO get creative. And we've learned to put technology to good use.
10. You've learned to walk that fine line between making Home a comforting place to land at the end of a trip and keeping his adventure-loving spirit stimulated.